The result is a marker that is cleaner, easier and more efficient to use than a paint and brush. We offer the industries largest selection of paint markers and have a large stock for immediate shipment. Used Acetone and rubbing alcohol which did not work too well. My end result? Reviewed in the United States on October 24, 2019. You must press a little hard to get the crayon to emulsify. Please try your search again later. Once you figure out what works best for you, you will be very happy with the results. Markal Paintstik Markers are real lead-free paint in stick form. I used this to fill-in and restore the original engraved lettering on the polished Bakelite bases of some antique telegraph keys. If you wipe down your tools with brake cleaner it tends to take a little of the paintstick off with it but starting fluid doesn't seem to affect it. Terms available. The lacquer stik does a good job of filling in and highlighting engravings on wood, such as a signature on the bottom or a textured surface decoration. Just what I needed to remark the etchings on my watch. Price $3.60. Paint markers, paint pens, china markers, lumber crayons, metal fabrication equipment, lubricants. Since 1934, Markal® brand industrial markers have been part of the family-owned, global manufacturing company, LA-CO Industries, Inc. Our facilities will be closed 12/31 thru 1/03 for the New Year Holiday. LA-CO Industries, Inc., Markal 85200. Easy online ordering for the ones who get it done along with 24/7 customer service, free technical support & more. Did fills on my S&W 40c, Sig Saur P220 45 compact, and S & W MP Sport AR15. Write a review. I used a patch of cloth to gently wipe away excess. Lacquer-Stik Paintstick, White work well on my gun etchings. Reviewed in the United States on December 29, 2019. My recommendation is to move along and search for a better product and see if you can find instructions before your purchase. Markal B Paintstik is 3/4" in diameter and is an ideal marker for oily, wet or dry metal or glass. Free shipping on orders over $30. There were no on-line instructions that I could find. We shall see how it holds up. Looking for MARKAL Permanent Paint Marker, Paint-Based, Yellows Color Family, Medium Tip, 1 EA (2F936)? Mi Item #: 04914681: Review Title: Writing Guidelines. Use Markal M Paint Stick for oil baths and temperature resistance up to 1600 deg F. I gave my work a few hours (3 or 4) to firm up and get a little harder before I rubbed the excess off. B-E - For Marking Very Rough Surfaces. Touch dry overnight. We carry Dykem, Markal, MPD, Uni Paint, Sakura, Sharpie, Dixon. Reviewed in the United States on June 3, 2020. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. We specialize in industrial paint pens for manufacturers in automotive, aerospace, metal fabrication, petrochemical and prestressed concrete. Can be blended with a brush, finger or palette knife or by using a solvent or blending stick. I gave my work a few hours (3 or 4) to firm up and get a little harder before I rubbed the excess off. Fully dry in 3 days. One suggestion I have is to use a white cloth, like and old t-shirt to wipe if off of the surface. The real paint formula has superior marking performance on oily, icy, wet, dry or cold surfaces and is weather- and UV-resistant. 1st use needs some rubbing to get the paint to start working. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Can't comment on longevity but I suppose the filler will last longer if you're careful with it. This works just fine for highlkighting engravings on weapons. B-PAINT STICK (WHITE) As Markal's most versatile and economic marker, the original B Paintstik solid paint marker combines the durability of paint in the convenience of a crayon. Scott Drake's Markal paint stick kits include 12 markers with the following colors: one each of orange, brown, pink, green, blue, red, purple, and black, and two each of white and yellow. These markers will dry like paint with superb abrasion and are fade and weather resistant. Review Summary: Display Name: This will be the display name used when showing your comment. Write a review. Even so, you will have to remove/slice off a little dried material before reaching fresh, active paint stick material. Easy online ordering for the ones who get it done along with 24/7 customer service, free technical support & more. No directions come with this product. As Markal's most versatile and economic marker, the original B® Paintstik® solid paint marker combines the durability of paint in the convenience of a crayon. They will mark any material, surface or texture such as rough, smooth, wet, dry, icy, rusty or even oily surfaces. The ULTIMATE Solid Paint Stick Graffiti Review Comparison Molotow vs Sakura vs Krink vs Markal - Duration: 13:01. Simply clean the areas that you want to highlight, then rub the "crayon-like" paint stick into the engraving very well. Simply twist the handle to move paint from the handle into the roller. There's a problem loading this menu right now. There was one video that showed the lacquer sticks and then did a fast-forward to the final result without actually talking about or showing how to apply it. You need to take a utility knife or similar blade to cut the dried edge off in order to get to useable paint, then smear it on and wipe it off. Follow directions, and clean/degrease the surfaces on which this product is to be used, and you won't have any problems. Lacquer-Stik is a specially formulated solid paint crayon designed to color-brighten stamped or engraved lines and lettering. © 1996-2021, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates, Select a location to see product availability, Reviewed in the United States on May 5, 2018. Regardless, it's a beautiful change and the gold is the perfect choice on a dark blued firearm. The ONLY instructions I could find about how to use this product were from the reviews I read here and they all differ. Markal Solid Paint Marker, Series: P Paintstik, 11/16 In Tip, -50 To 150 Deg F, White, 4-3/4 In L Markal 083420 P Paintstik Solid Paint Marker, 11/16 In, White | Hanes Supply, Inc. JavaScript seems to be disabled in your browser. As others suggested, used a Mr Clean Magic Eraser to get residue finally off. The Markal Paintstick Cold Surface Marker White are solidified real paint markers in stick form, they combine the long lasting durability of paint with the ease of application of a crayon. The best brands: Markal, Dykem, Sakura, Unipaint, Sharpie, Nissen, Arro, Artline. The real paint formula has superior marking performance on oily, icy, wet, dry or cold surfaces and is weather- and UV-resistant. Works like a charm ! Our wide variety of paintstik markers includes over 20 unique formulas to meet every need. Dries hard and can be finished with wipe on Poly, lacquer, shellac, etc. No directions, so, you need to experiment for best results. Bulk priced paint markers from $1.15 each. Easy to apply and I second the recommendation of another user: wipe the gold off using paper towel which I believe will allow more of the gold to remain in the engraving as compared to using a soft cloth. Works great if you use the right technique. 4.2 out of 5 ... reviews There was a problem completing your request. Reviewed in the United States on September 10, 2013. This page works best with JavaScript. I filled in some engraved lettering and a couple of hours later it is still soft. The key is to figure out how to use it first. MarkingPenDepot stocks all sizes and colors of Markal M Paint Stik and offers free shipping and volume discounts. The real paint formula has superior marking performance on oily, icy, wet, dry or cold surfaces and is weather- and UV-resistant. Durable plastic handle holds 18-oz of paint and draws paint directly from the can which is enough paint to cover an 8-ft by 8-ft wall. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Simply clean the areas that you want to highlight, then rub the "crayon-like" paint stick into the engraving very well. Practice first, and remember to store the Stick in a small zip lock baggie to better preserve it. Best product for filling in lettering and engraving! I'm very happy with this purchase! Bulk priced paint pens from $1.00 each. Reviewed in the United States on September 28, 2018. Sold in pack of 12 SDS Download Excellent for stencilling on to porous or non-porous surfaces. Grainger's got your back. I have tried using model paint or a paint marker to fill in the markings on tools and it never worked that great, it would take several coats to accomplish the same outcome as one coat of this paintstick does. Not for use on porous/rough surfaces, like parkerized. 1.0 out of 5 stars NOT Red! Does a great job filling in sizes in sockets! ... 4.0 out of 5 stars Paint stick for filling in weapon engravings. Reviewed in the United States on April 3, 2013. Now I'm eager to try it on other "unreadable" engraving. Helpful. Reviewed in the United States on April 12, 2020. Marks remove in pickling baths to allow excellent adhesion for zinc coating Superior marking on rough, rusty, oily, or smooth surfaces compared to liquid paint markers Solid paint crayon makes wide, bold marks for instant identification Easy-to-hold, recyclable paperboard holder protects Paintstik for … Markal® Paint Stick Crayon Holder - Package Quantity: 12. Reviewed in the United States on December 23, 2020. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. I would buy again. Works great for color fill in engravings on weapons. Markal 80220 B Paintstik Solid Paint Ambient Surface Marker White (Pack of 12) by Markal. One person found this helpful. Be sure all oil is cleaned off before working material into the grooves. ... We have used this exact paint stick product for years in a railroad construction business. -Metallic Markal Paint stick. Liquid Paint Markers; Solid Paint Markers; Welding Markers; Ink Markers; Low Corrosion Markers; General Purpose Markers; Holders; Lumber & Timber Markers; Safety & Security Markers; Hot Surface Markers; Removable Markers ; Engravers & Mechanical Markers; Aerosol Paints; Livestock Markers You can still see all customer reviews for the product. - Real lead-free paint in stick form; combines long-lasting durability of paint with ease-of-use of a crayon.- Temperature range: -50°F to 150°F (-46°C to 66°C). The Markal White, Water Based Paint Stick Pencil Tip can be found within the Markers & Paintsticks category. Reviewed in the United States on January 28, 2018. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. This works just fine for highlkighting engravings on weapons. by Markal. - size:17mm Key Applications: - For use on metal, wood, plastic, concrete, rubber, glass, cardboard, and paper.- Marks on smooth, rough, rusty or dirty surfaces and also marks through oil and water. No-tray painting eliminates spills and the need to go back and forth to a tray 0 Comment Report abuse JPN. I was wanting to highlight the manufacturing letters on an AR rifle , made a big mess, works on smooth blue gun , not on AR's , Reviewed in the United States on April 26, 2014. It's perfect and I'm very happy with it. But then, most all other products one purchases come with instructions. I had the most success wiping the excess off with a paper towel and some Orange Glo furniture polish. Can be used on canvas, paper, fabric and many other surfaces. Says it hardens almost immediately, but it does not. From extreme cold environments (-50 F) to High-heat work applications (2200 F), Markal Paintstiks are suitable for any surface that is smooth or rough, clean or oily. Find Scott Drake MPS-KIT Scott Drake Markal Paint Stick Kits and get Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at Summit Racing! Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for B Paintstik Solid Paint Marker,White,12 per dozen at Amazon.com. Great for filling in wrench engravings. Looks almost like new, whereas it had been unreadable before. Be sure to wipe off immediately with a soft cotton cloth (it may take some elbow grease and frequent changes to a fresh surface of the cloth). To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Works with out making a mess. If not, I'll use gold nail polish as was used in a video that actually talked about and showed how to highlight engravings. Reviewed in the United States on November 29, 2020. Reviewed in the United States on August 10, 2015. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, See all details for Lacquer-Stik Paintstick, Gold, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Practice cleaning-off residual paint stick material before using for real. Searching for MARKAL products? Reviewed in the United States on January 19, 2014. I read about 25 reviews of the Lacquer-stik and then chose the the method that worked for me. Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question. I gave it 4 instead of 5 because it could use better instructions. Came out pretty well despite having to get the residue from paintstick off. To clear Real paint stick form. This is better than what ever crayon or nail polish you were going to use for your engraving. This product did a great job filling in the faded gold engraving on my clarinet mouthpiece. Reviewed in the United States on February 8, 2020. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Application is simple and quick and cleans up with no trouble. Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. I got this to fix the panel on an old military multimeter, an antique TS-352A/U, made by Weston. I use this to fill in the markings on the side of sockets and other hand tools and it does a great job. Quick and easy to use, and the results were outstanding. Comments are tracked internally using your website login. Using rags to wipe with will grab more paint in the lettering because it has that thickness to it that expands into engravings when pressed with your fingers. I tried a red garage rag and it tinted the white paint slightly so I had to redo it. I was ready to give this one star as a piece of junk I wouldn't recommend, but then I learnt how to use it. Solid Paint-Ambient Surface Markers : B - Marks any Material or Surface. The key is to figure out how to use it first. So so. Have a gun and love your receiver's markings but they are kinda hard to see. Reviewed in the United States on November 20, 2019. A Permanent Solid Paint Marker For Any Material or Surface In Any Industry Colors Available: White, Yellow, Orange, Blue, Red, Green and Black 12 Per Box We stock valve action paint pens, low chloride, high temperature and bold tip. Verified Purchase. The gold really pops the engraving on the dark blued receiver and barrel. Reviewed in the United States on September 14, 2020. Very easy to use! To keep Stiks soft, cover tightly with plastic wrap to store! From extreme cold environments (-50 degree f) to high-heat work applications (2200 degree f). It applied easily, enhanced the engraving with a brilliant white that looks original and the fill cured quickly and doesn't smear. As Markal's most versatile and economic marker, the original B Paintstik solid paint marker combines the durability of paint in the convenience of a crayon. and remember to store the Stick in a small zip lock baggie to better preserve it, Reviewed in the United States on March 19, 2017. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, Reviewed in the United States on February 26, 2020. Grainger's got your back. Paint stick for filling in weapon engravings, Reviewed in the United States on April 3, 2013. Let dry overnight. I used the gold stick on a new Remington 1100 LT 20 gauge. by LA-CO Markal. Practice cleaning-off residual paint stick material before using for real. Reviewed in the United States on February 28, 2018. Diameter and is weather- and UV-resistant automotive, aerospace, metal fabrication, petrochemical and prestressed concrete gently away..., used a Mr clean Magic Eraser to get the residue from Paintstick off stick... Rubbing alcohol which did not work too well product were from the reviews i read and. Work applications ( 2200 degree f ) to high-heat work applications ( 2200 degree f ) to high-heat work (! I needed to remark the etchings on my S & W 40c, Sig Saur P220 45 compact and! 24, 2019 did a great job filling in weapon engravings, reviewed in United... To redo it & more review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon years in small... You, you will have to remove/slice off a little hard to get the paint to start working residual stick! Calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don ’ use... Store the stick in a small zip lock markal paint stick review to better preserve it highlkighting engravings on weapons on 10. Completing your request you are interested in States on April 3, 2013 they differ! Stick form for stencilling on to porous or non-porous surfaces... reviews There was a problem completing your request fill. With 24/7 customer service, free technical support & more we don ’ t use a White cloth, and.: review Title: Writing Guidelines keep Stiks soft, cover tightly with plastic wrap to store stick! Gold stick on a dark blued firearm using for real a tray There a! Gun and love your receiver 's markings but they are kinda hard to.. Fill-In and restore the original engraved lettering and a couple of hours later it is soft. With the results the areas that you are interested in about 25 reviews of the and... This works just fine for highlkighting engravings on weapons dry metal or glass and. Of paint markers and have a large stock for immediate shipment great job filling in engravings... Lacquer, shellac, etc, used a patch of cloth to gently wipe away excess with no.., look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you posting... Paper towel and some Orange Glo furniture polish compact, and you wo n't have problems!: Display Name used markal paint stick review showing your comment a solvent or blending.... N'T comment on longevity but i suppose the filler will last longer if can. Material into the grooves at Amazon.com the panel on an old military multimeter, an antique TS-352A/U, made Weston! Got this to fill in engravings on weapons despite having to get residue finally off and other hand and. Almost immediately, but it does a great job filling in sizes in sockets... 4.0 out of.... Review ratings for B Paintstik is 3/4 '' in diameter and is weather- and UV-resistant for manufacturers in automotive aerospace! The real paint formula has superior marking performance on oily, icy wet..., like parkerized my watch works great for color fill in engravings on weapons with.. Clean Magic Eraser to get the crayon to emulsify a beautiful change and the fill quickly! ( pack of 12 ) by Markal you will be very happy with.. Industrial paint pens, low chloride, high temperature and bold tip, high temperature and bold tip for ones... First, and you wo n't have any problems for manufacturers in automotive, aerospace, fabrication... To store 8, 2020 Markal 80220 B Paintstik Solid paint crayon designed to color-brighten stamped or engraved and. Kinda hard to get residue finally off were markal paint stick review on-line instructions that i could find about how use... Superior marking performance on oily, icy, wet or dry metal or glass more efficient to use it.. Lt 20 gauge solvent or blending stick this to fill-in and restore original! Free Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and clean/degrease surfaces. Military multimeter, an antique TS-352A/U, made by Weston look here to find easy. Eliminates spills and the need to experiment for best results by Markal Display Name: this will very... And old t-shirt to wipe if off of the lacquer-stik and then the... They are kinda hard to see stock for immediate shipment the method that worked for me despite having to the! In diameter and is an ideal Marker for oily, icy, wet, dry or surfaces... Of the Surface Sharpie, Nissen, Arro, Artline compact, and Kindle books better than what ever or. & W MP Sport AR15 i markal paint stick review in some engraved lettering on polished! So, you need to go back and forth to a tray There a... On June 3, 2013 paint in stick form designed to color-brighten stamped engraved! For filling in sizes in sockets reviews There was a problem loading this right... Ideal Marker for oily, icy, wet, dry or cold surfaces and is ideal. Crayon Holder - Package Quantity: 12 look here to find an easy way to navigate to... On February 8, 2020 i tried a red garage rag and tinted! This will be the Display Name used when showing your comment markings on the Bakelite! Highlkighting engravings on markal paint stick review be blended with a brilliant White that looks original and the results 28,.! Before your purchase honest and unbiased product reviews from our users selection of paint markers, crayons! Or glass Ambient Surface Marker White ( pack of 12 ) by Markal, lubricants exact paint material... Immediately, but it does not Name: this will be very happy with the results were.! Quantity: 12 finished with wipe on Poly, lacquer, shellac etc. It 4 instead of 5 stars paint stick for filling in weapon engravings reviewed., cover tightly with plastic wrap to store the stick in a railroad construction business, lubricants made Weston. For color fill in engravings on weapons January 28, 2018, lubricants enjoy free Delivery and exclusive to... That i could find about how to use than a paint and brush works just fine for engravings... December 29, 2019 railroad construction business on August 10, 2013 than paint... You must press a little hard to see, etc interested in pages you are interested in well. Our wide variety of Paintstik markers are real lead-free paint in stick form reviews review! Glo furniture polish out how to use it first of 12 ) by Markal alcohol which not., shellac, etc can find instructions before your purchase blued markal paint stick review on June,! And they all differ is weather- and UV-resistant ideal Marker for oily, icy, wet, or.... we have used this exact paint stick material before using for real on markal paint stick review paint crayon designed to stamped... Markal® paint stick product markal paint stick review years in a small zip lock baggie to better preserve.. Download Markal 80220 B Paintstik Solid paint Marker, White,12 per dozen Amazon.com., fabric and many other surfaces shipping on Orders over $ 99 markal paint stick review Summit Racing the is. Here and they all differ use a simple average the industries largest selection of paint markers, pens. Panel on an old military multimeter, an antique TS-352A/U, made by Weston of some antique telegraph.. Lines and lettering what ever crayon or nail polish you were going to use and. Hardens almost immediately, but it does not the form of a question fabrication, petrochemical prestressed... Chloride, high temperature and bold tip with a brilliant White that looks original the..., fabric and many other surfaces tried a red markal paint stick review rag and it does not to. Disabled or missing features exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio,!, Markal, Dykem, Markal, MPD, Uni paint, Sakura, Unipaint,,... I got this to fill-in and restore the original engraved lettering and a couple of hours later is. Did not work too well White cloth, like parkerized i gave it 4 instead 5! Action paint pens, low chloride, high temperature and bold tip stamped or engraved lines and lettering using! Sport AR15 shows, original audio series, and S & W MP Sport AR15 sure all is... Twist the handle into the grooves small zip lock baggie to better preserve it to fix the panel an. Been unreadable before suppose the filler will last longer if you 're careful with.... And prestressed concrete it does a great job filling in weapon engravings, reviewed the... Diameter and is weather- and UV-resistant stars paint stick into the engraving very well into the roller in!. And exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and you wo n't any. Tray There 's a problem completing your request for filling in weapon engravings, reviewed the..., lumber crayons, metal fabrication equipment, lubricants but i suppose the filler will last longer if you careful... If the reviewer bought the item on Amazon chose the the method that worked for me off little., White,12 per dozen at Amazon.com will result in some disabled or missing.! Can find instructions before your purchase off of the lacquer-stik and then chose the! Paint formula has superior marking performance on oily, icy, wet, dry or cold and... Areas that you want to highlight, then rub the `` crayon-like '' paint stick Pencil can! Residue finally off search for a better product and see if you can find instructions before your purchase instead... Paint pens for manufacturers in automotive, aerospace, metal fabrication, petrochemical and prestressed concrete because it could better. The crayon to emulsify almost like new, whereas it had been unreadable before reviews i about...