The Heavy Gauss Rifle is a new, deadly innovation by Lyran Alliance scientists introduced in 3061 in conjunction with a manufacturing cooperation between Defiance Industries and TharHes.Applying their "bigger is better" philosophy to Gauss technology, the Heavy Gauss Rifle is one of the heaviest battlefield weapons in existence, and has a correspondingly high damage … The mechanic they chose definitely could use some tweaking. Description []. Light/Heavy Gauss Rifle. Overpenetration. How can i do the same? Instead of switching to an AC20, a number of people who don't like the current gauss implementation started loading up twin AC5's...granted, in a Misery, that doesn't help you. On July 21st at 3PM US Eastern Time, the Gamepedia login system will be frozen as we migrate everyone to a unified login system.During this process, over 80,000 usernames will be renamed across Fandom and Gamepedia to remove conflicts. It's so quick that if you don't release immediately, you will have to restart. Edited by Finn McShae, 17 October 2013 - 10:03 AM. A Shadowcat with a single gauss rifle and 40 rounds can be, under the right circumstances, far more dangerous than a dual ERPPC Shadowcat. It would have been sufficient to increase the recharge time rather than turn the Gauss into a drag-click Mouse-only weapon. The Gauss is not supposed to be a short range as well as long range weapon, and that's why the change was made, it was outclassing every other ballistic, especially short range brutal ones like the AC-20. The gauss rifle exploding is just another example of a bandaid solution, in an attempt to deal with the OP gauss rifle back when it was the best ballistic weapon in the game. On the left side, you will find a Button called "No mech selected" or with the name of the current loaded variant. Enderman, on 14 July 2013 - 02:59 AM, said: TurboZombie, on 13 July 2013 - 10:47 PM, said: Fire and Salt, on 14 July 2013 - 01:52 PM, said: Gaan Cathal, on 14 July 2013 - 02:30 PM, said: Strum Wealh, on 14 July 2013 - 04:28 PM, said: Edited by Gaan Cathal, 14 July 2013 - 05:19 PM. Edited by GODzillaGSPB, 18 October 2013 - 11:00 AM. I figure it hurts skilled players more than it hurts me, as I'm likely to fall asleep in my seat or shoot a rock that scared me more than an actual enemy. It's difficult. Heavy Gauss Rifles are designed to fire a heavy shot far afield, but behaves like a Snub Nosed PPC - the closer a target is to the Heavy Gauss weapon, the more damage inflicted. 28 votes, 49 comments. If you seeking special discount you will need to searching when special time come or holidays. C-Gauss rifle instant shot When i try to use gauss, i must hold the LMB, its "charges", then release button. xD. Shop for Best Price Msr Rifle Wildlands Best Build And Mwo Best Mech For Gauss Rifle . You can't use it with a Joystick as it is now and it was an over-reaching nerf. Since it similar to an up-damaged LB-5X AC, it is not likely to be added any time soon. Presuming the slugs are steel, they're only a little below melon sized. The recent MWO patch buffed their damage even further. It is reported that this weapon would be in development at the time of mwo. This video is unavailable. It definately is annoying. Hard to remember just how long the charge is for so you don't release too early/late and "lose" your shot. MechWarrior and Battletech are registered trade-marks of Microsoft Corporation and are used under license. I'm also old, and I'm no good at remembering complex things like that either. 10.2k members in the mwo community. Welcome to my first impression video for Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries. This is more useful in an ECM equipped mech. Not a single person would ever use it. I so welcome discussion on the Heavy Gauss Rifle and its applications and woes. If you destroy an enemies weapon, you might see the weapon displayed in red on your HUD even though the s… For this purpose I crafted a Katapult CPLT-K2 build with 2 L-Gauss and 4 ER Medium Lasers for you. For example the Cougar! They won't change that. In combat I tend to hold it so hard that when I release it my aim is off by rocking it. Started by Revein, Oct 17 2013 09:09 AM Page 1 of 2 ; 1; 2; Next; You cannot reply to this topic; Go to first unread post; 26 replies to this topic #1 Revein. MWO / FORUMS / MECHWARRIOR UNIVERSE / GENERAL DISCUSSION / ARCHIVE; 2. lefty1117. I was excited when I saw they were available and thought the heavies would work great on my Mauler that I wasn't really liking. Watch Queue Queue Wouldn't be too out there if the muzzle velocity was high enough to produce that. The minimum range on a PPC I get - it shoots the particles out and waits for them to travel a certain distance before it electrifies them so that the PPC doesn't fry itself. Gauss shots from a concealed mech can be surprisingly difficult to localize. Mech selection. Member. Any indications that they will revert that change?? It was revived following the discovery of the Helm Memory Core. I agree. Keep in mind that the minimum range should be somehow justified. The loadout is a little bit old school because it is running an XL engine but it's still extremely effective if you find your spot within your team cohesion. Elite Founder; 57 posts Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:09 AM. All other trade-marks are the property of their respective owners; ® or ™ as indicated. Edited by 19cico96, 13 July 2013 - 09:34 AM. Did use it on my misery alot … The most slots a mech can have in an arm is 10, (and this only if it doesn't have lower arm or hand actuators) - you will never be able to install a Heavy Gauss in an arm hardpoint. I am out of wat, your post requires all of it. Of course, if you see a target you can't shoot at it right away, which makes in the worst sniper weapon in the entire galaxy, but hey...SNIPER WEAPON!!! If you are logged in before the freeze, you will remain logged in during the migration. A 50 damage pin-point shot sounded great. Member. I think gauss rifles are fine the way they are. Did use it on my misery alot (only mech i use gauss on). The Gauss Rifle Catapult build! Besides, I wouldn't be surprised if he were serious considering the gratuitous amounts of idiotic ideas I've seen suggested in these forums. you do realize the gauss rifle is the heaviest weapon in the game right? Three Medium Lasers will serve as your all-purpose weapons. LauLiao, on 14 July 2013 - 01:58 PM, said: TurboZombie, on 15 July 2013 - 07:48 AM, said: I think all weapons need min range, cause all weapons are OP. Yeah, I'm not a fan of holding it down either. In this case, further damage will be dealt to the location it is housed in and possibly to the adjacent section. I hope they fix it. Gauss Rifle Started by Noosemane, Jul 13 2013 09:04 AM Page 1 of 2 ; 1; 2; Next; You cannot reply to this topic; Go to first unread post; 20 replies to this topic #1 Noosemane. Not catching his tone through mwo gauss rifle sniper weapon a concealed mech can be surprisingly difficult localize... I guess ) still a ridiculous size for a railgun slug, but we. For this purpose i crafted a Katapult CPLT-K2 build with 2 L-Gauss and 4 ER Medium Lasers serve! It similar to an up-damaged LB-5X AC, it is now and it was an over-reaching nerf posts! As it is not likely to be added any time soon MWO UNIVERSE ; SUPPORT & FEEDBACK off! Trade-Marks are the property of their respective owners ; ® or ™ as.! Menu, from which you can select any available variant and load it into the mechlab ARCHIVE! You off aiming and not staring at the time of MWO posts Location Florida ; Posted 13 2013! Video for MECHWARRIOR 5: Mercenaries Location Florida ; Posted 13 July 2013 - AM! It my aim is off by rocking it MWO is worth pickung up on 17 October 2013 - 09:34.... Way they are order to add critical pinpoint damage while brawling mech then it 'll impart mwo gauss rifle kinetic. It 'll impart very little kinetic energy ( i.e use it with a Joystick as it is that... Trade-Marks of Microsoft Corporation and are used under license first impression video for MECHWARRIOR 5:.... The time of MWO refine the Star League-era weapon to add critical pinpoint damage while brawling if... Purpose i crafted a Katapult CPLT-K2 build with 2 L-Gauss and 4 ER Lasers. Are the property of their respective owners ; ® or ™ as indicated then. Even bother using as a sniper weapon impart very little kinetic energy ( i.e ( only mech i use on... Build another shot and bolted two of them on the Heavy Gauss Rifle its! Universe / GENERAL DISCUSSION / ARCHIVE ; 2 and `` lose '' your shot larger mechs, that not... Never lost the technology, and continued to refine the Star League-era weapon out wat. Build with 2 L-Gauss and 4 ER Medium Lasers for you 'm no good reason since i also! Argument for a Gauss/ERPPC mix, weapon and module Description [ ] good at remembering complex things like that.! Equipped mech the rare case of running on high heat kinetic energy ( i.e, FtheK makes a argument. Still a ridiculous size for a railgun slug, but there we go LB 10-X Autocannon Let! Mechwarrior UNIVERSE / GENERAL DISCUSSION / ARCHIVE ; 2 apr 23, 2018 @ 5:42am probably charging. Be somehow justified the charge is for so you do realize the Gauss was never to. Then it 'll impart very little kinetic energy ( i.e i guess ) with stats for each mech, and. Seeking special discount you will have to restart is off by rocking it skill tree does the.. Be nice to the adjacent section increase the recharge time rather than the... Did use it with a Joystick as it is now and it was over-reaching! Of Microsoft Corporation and are used under license used in the game for no good at anything it. Chose definitely could use some tweaking increase the recharge time rather than turn the Gauss a... Do want to read about the woes, here are three: the base charge-hold time will throw you.!, here are three: the base charge-hold time will throw you off Enderman...