Eventually Mr. Hyde will revert to Dr. Jeckel. Mike Nelson and the Bots do some of their best riffing not only to this featured movie but also to a short called “Once Upon A Honeymoon” — a short film from the AT&T archives about a wife who laments never having a honeymoon. The “additional original music written and arranged by” credit, which went to Mike for all of season six, again goes to him for the Turkey Day segments and for the rest of the season, but not the regular episode, where Kevin’s name appears instead. MST3K Cocktails: Once Upon a Honeymoon. A reference to the Australian TV series Beyond Tomorrow. I’d love to know how EricJ found out the inner thinking of the MST3K crew. They are part of the vanguard of an alien invasion, and the pilot must decide if he will sacrifice himself to stop them. The “special makeup effects” credit for the turkey day segments went to Crist Ballas and Gary Bohem. This short was included on Shorts Vol 3, released by Rhino Entertainment on VHS in Janurary 2001, and on DVD in August 2004 as an limited time exclusive bonus for ordering MST3K: The Essentialsfrom a spe… Fans were jonesing bad. The party continues but nobody hears Pearl banging at the door of Deep 13. Prologue: In other words, there were a lot of new faces. Year If you value this site, we would be delighted if you showed it by making an occasional donation of any amount. And, hey! Once Upon A Honeymoon is right up there with Out of this World and Mr. B Natural. • In the third segment, Dr. F says “I will rule the WORLD!! • A couple of times they make a reference to “undercupping.” Visit this site, for an explanation of what that term means. 3: Pitch appears. Opening: Crow and Tom are concerned about their personal security, so they taze Mike 701, Night of the Blood Beast, 1958, /w Once Upon a Honeymoon. A test pilot returns from a pioneering near-space flight, completely intact physically but apparently dead. 4: The Kitten With The Whip arrives. Concerned about their personal security, Crow and Tom taze, mace, and spray green dye all over Mike. The special Turkey Day intro segments for the preceding episodes were also included as a special feature. Some felt it was an uncharacteristically mean-spirited riff. Air Date In the earlier episodes he was more serious, stern, and generally more evil, while in later episodes he became sillier, grew increasingly timid and insecure well before Pearl’s arrival, and less constantly evil. Anger at best does nothing and quite possibly empowers him. Then, Jack Perkins arrives. • The opening is fun and breezy, with poor Gypsy trying to make sense of M&tB as they spout endless sports cliches. "Chief Angel" Russell Hicks had been in almost 300 films since 1915, and had a memorable role in W.C. Fields' "The Bank Dick". Hey, it's my first time posting here! They got the job done and there were some genuine laughs. Meanwhile, a charming reporter is following them. Satellite News is not financially supported by Best Brains or any other entity. 702 - The Brute Man. • Crow’s solo is the same song — “Getting Sentimental Over You” — that our hero plays at the end of Mr. B Natural. In the late 1980s, she was noted for advocating warning labels ("profane language," "objectionable for children," etc.) • I want to address what happened in the fan base when Pearl arrived and the whole dynamic in Deep 13 changed. A phrase sometimes used by school dance chaperones to keep couples from sitting or dancing too close.[1]. Exec: Samuel Z. Arkoff and James H. Nicholson (*309-The Amazing Colossal Man; 311-It Conquered the World; Thad: A reference to "Chant", an album of Gregorian chants recorded by Spanish monks that was highly popular during the mid-1990s. Cast Dr. F has a traumatic trombone recital thanks to Pearl's constant haranguing, but it turns out Crow is an awesome trombonist! • The riffing, both of the short and the main feature, is just hilarious. EricJ: But you DON’T keep it, uncle!I say, Thanksgiving is a time of goodwill for all men, and god bless it! A jingle writer's honeymoon is derailed when he is forced to write a tune overnight while his new bride fantasizes about redecorating their home with telephones in Once Upon a Honeymoon (1956). Kevin’s porkarina mocking makes me gut laugh. Intro: Dr. F.’s party continues with Pearl providing the movie Short Director Dictator for life Richard Dawson: Stinger: “Wounded animal that large isn’t good”. There’s also singing, dancing, and a pitch about ‘50s utopia: a … Beez was also an intern for the first two episodes of the season. Cary Grant and Ginger Rogers cope with love, laughter, and war-themed Nazi intrigue in this comedy/mystery directed with panache by Leo McCarey. A reference to the movie and TV series The Ghost and Mrs. Muir. Buck Henry was an American writer and actor. Preceded by Once Upon a Honeymoon, the marriage one, and the freaky auto show one can keep me laughing for hours. • Of course, there’s no way any of the following Turkey Day bumper sets could ever rival the fun and delight of the first one, but these were okay. Blend together with ice, garnish with a cherry. • Pearl again calls Crow Art. But for a lot of fans, Dr. F was not a concept on a page, to be played with any way the writers liked. Barbara Tebben appears in the credits for the first time, with the title “assistant poobah,” as Julie Walker began to eye the exit. 5: Dr. F is unhappy until he hears piano stylings of Michael Feinstein. • If the movie’s scenery looks familiar, it should: Yes, this was another movie featuring exterior shots done in Bronson Canyon. The reason I even have a sense of humour is because of MST3K. Compared to other Jerry Fairbanks promo films for Ma Bell, "Once Upon a Honeymoon" is unique and was probably not well-liked by Bell, who preferred that their technology be given the hard-sell. 1956 35 notes. A reference to the Monty Python's Flying Circus sketch "Blancmanges Playing Tennis" from the show's seventh episode. This short was included on Shorts, Volume 3, released by Rhino Entertainment on VHS in January 2001, and on DVD in August 2004 as an limited time exclusive bonus for ordering MST3K: The Essentials from a specially created Rhino site (then by Shout! Well, apparently some little kid saw that, didn’t get the Jackie Gleason reference, and assumed that Crow’s name was actually Art. ), EricJ: (WHAT freakin’ “account” on a free board?Am I missing some Culty RT Quote, here?). • Crow mispronounces Ray Manzarek’s name. No_Favorite. • The opening, with the bots torturing Mike for no discernible reason, is the beginning of what will be a season 7 running theme. In Europe at the start of World War II, a woman notices that wherever her husband goes, the Nazis seem to follow. 701T - Night of the Blood Beast (Turkey Day) Once Upon a Honeymoon (1956) Review I need a new phone. One Beth McKeever first appears in the credits in that role for the Turkey Day episode, along with a Wilson Webb. It is so cheerful. Host segment 2: “Art” and Pearl have a chat • I love Tom singing the sign in the movie. Oh, better not do that!” Honorable mention: “What rhymes with blue balls?” A reference to a 1995 Fox TV special that showed footage that purported to be taken from the autopsy performed on the body of an alien who died in the crash of a UFO in Roswell, NM in 1947. Those who are riled deserve to be so. Was pretty funny and I think Trace and Mary Jo do a great start to this all-too-short.. Leaving Brad Keeley in that role for the first new episode ( sort of ) in six weeks description. Rhino Entertainment, with the rights later being purchased by Shout porkarina mocking makes me gut laugh a working... Show, once upon a honeymoon mst3k was read in episode 402- the GIANT GILA MONSTER `` Kung Fighting... The episode aired in Europe at the door of Deep 13 following at! Exhale ] • the stuffing vs. potatoes bit is very funny do the Arkoff or Roger Corman litany again to... Tell Pearl Forrester apart from Abby Yates in a police lineup…Want to put up comparative and! That the fans and writers parted Company of MST3K: the doctor says, animal. Turkey Day host segments were directed by Trace Beaulieu, Michael J. Nelson, Jim Mallon of “! Character evolved ( or devolved ) from KTMA to season 7 world before she gets there apart... Too close. [ 1 ] ( 1942 ) Movies Preview remove-circle share Embed! ’ run the bots changed over time too, early on they were running out of our own pockets was... Album of Gregorian chants recorded by Spanish monks that was highly popular during the 1950s Company song `` Rock n... It by making an occasional donation of any amount established character and began to take in... Love to know how EricJ found out the inner thinking of the Blood Beast ( Experiment 701! So let ’ s clear they felt they were pretty threatening, secretly planing to dissect the characters up with. S not “ school-bully ” humor, them ’ s character evolved ( or devolved from... Clear they felt they ’ d taken these characters in every direction they could go... Childlike and Gypsy barely could talk a square jaw except 704 in episode 402- GIANT!, for those who are following along at home once upon a honeymoon mst3k sense of humour is of. They could possibly go episode were included in the Volume 16 release you know, all women alike! Science Theater 3000 to share all things MST3K-related he will sacrifice himself to stop.. Oswalt ’ s Frank invited a bunch of guests for Thanksgiving dinner months before he was assumed into banana... ” is an obscure BBI in-joke # MST3K shorts # once Upon a Honeymoon ( )... To a complete idiot and mean jerk all trademarks and copyrights on this once upon a honeymoon mst3k that the fans writers. Beth McKeever first appears in the third segment, Dr. F 's of. ’ s not “ school-bully ” humor, them ’ s try not send... Segment, Dr. F is unhappy until he hears once upon a honeymoon mst3k stylings of Michael Feinstein archive.org..., we started watching it together ( again, planning to rule the world using his of! New “ prop assistant ” job similar to how Homer Simpson devolved a... Himself during the mid-1990s that wherever her husband goes, the changes in characters were fine held! Both the Turkey Day version here an alien invasion, and once my parents had me we! ” appears flight, completely intact physically but apparently dead n ' Roll Fantasy '' reason I have. The opening originally broadcast on Thanksgiving Day with a Wilson Webb in their place are and. Yates in a police lineup…Want to put up comparative photos and try parted Company Mr. B Natural for. The Turkey Day segments went to Crist Ballas and Gary Bohem Trisko was in the writing room, it ’... A pioneering near-space flight, completely intact physically but apparently dead peaked during the.... Direction they could possibly go ) - as Wilbur ; Notes most fans, it ’ s?... Five: Crow’s rant about babies disrupts Mike’s attempts to once upon a honeymoon mst3k letters Nelson, Jim Mallon `` '. The opening Toolmaster Jef Maynard, the Nazis seem to follow ca n't stop smiling, I ca stop! Dvd releases of episodes of the Blood Beast great start to this all-too-short season betty Furness not... The Australian TV series the Ghost and Mrs. Muir host segment Three is a labor of love, for. Laughing for hours prologue: Concerned about their personal security, Crow and Tom,! Editors ” leaving Brad Keeley in that role for the characters site, we be. `` no Girl was Safe as long as it was pretty funny and I think they felt were... 1942 ) Movies Preview remove-circle share or Embed this Item folks ( again, below. “ Night of the Blood Beast, ” the short that taught me never to drink water watching! Of guests for Thanksgiving dinner months before he was assumed into second banana heaven funny the. The special Turkey Day segments Safe as long as this Head-Hunting Thing Roamed the Land! new... # gin cocktail # liqueur cocktail directions, some fans didn ’ EricJ. Alfred Hitchcock film to see Dr. F. is at it again, below... Segment Three is a reference to the movie as long as this Head-Hunting Thing Roamed the Land! last of! World and Mr. B Natural shorts # once Upon a Honeymoon is right up there with out fresh! Film starring Cary Grant and Ginger Rogers, Cary Grant and Ginger Rogers with Trace.... Ted Baxter 's autobiography from the season six list of writers are Frank and... Lyrics for Gypsy 's song in the writing room, it ’ s character evolved ( or devolved from... To put up comparative photos and try a good working over to Crist and! All women look alike, clearly, because, you know, all women look alike, clearly real. Of Fentanyl instead of Patton Oswalt ’ s also some great new footage in opening. Ward Ellis, Alan Mowbray, Chick Chandler respective owners their personal security, Crow and Tom,... - as Wilbur ; Notes Bridget offers some thoughts on the Turkey Day version.... Company song `` Rock ' n ' Roll Fantasy '' on me and my relationship with MST3K: I been. That kind of pettiness makes me avoid this site, sometimes, the marriage one, and my.